[kaffe] Some obscure(?) problem...

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Wed Apr 24 10:22:20 PDT 2002

> On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > While you are at it, you might want to take a look at
> > xprof patches from Janos VM at
> > http://www.cs.utah.edu/flux/janos/downloads/kaffe_kaffe_xprof.diff.gz
> > They might help.
>
> Thanks, I'd forgotten about that. The patch seems to contain a whole lot
> of useful changes, but...
>
> /*
>  * Unfortunately, I can't get linux to export a symbol to the gmonparam
>  * structure (it doesn't link for some reason)...  So we can't get any
> early
>  * recordings.

The last sentence is the important part, basically, if you don't care
about not getting any of the samples taken between the start of main() and
the initialization of xprof, its no big deal.  Actually, i would imagine
the data is still available in the regular gmon file, it just won't be
rolled into xgmon file.

>  -Jukka Santala

tim stack