[kaffe] ARM interpreter fix

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 15 15:36:56 PDT 2002

Hi,

this is the patch is used to get ARM interpreter to
build. It allows the VM to build the class library.

It still has a couple of problems, though. About 20
tests fail (or better: get stuck somewehere) and I
don't know enough about arm to hunt the problems down.
For example DoublePrint fails because eventually after
constructing a new instance of a
kaffe.io.CharToByteConverter through Method.invoke0,
somehow invoke0 thinks that an exception has been
thrown, when in fact there was none, according to
-vmdebug ELOOKUP. Pocketlinux contains some exception
fixing code, but I didn't have time to investigate.

It would be really nice if someone could volunteer to
merge the fixes from pocketlinux kaffe for ARM over to
kaffe. With the mostly running interpreter, you've got
almost all you need to help you with the merge. As I
don't own an ARM, I lack the self-interest to invest
more time into it ;)

best regards,