[kaffe] Kaffe CVS: kaffe dalibor

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Fri Dec 6 08:43:31 PST 2002

Hi Dalibor,

It seems like just getting configure to test for swab correctly will
solve this problem (unless I'm missing something), without having to
resort to naming platforms in config-mem.h.

On FreeBSD (and other sane systems), where swab() is prototyped in a
header file, config-mem.h should not be providing the prototype.  On
Linux (or wherever else swab is mistakenly unprototyped) config-mem.h
should provide a prototype (though, perhaps it should provide an
implementation, too).

If we're getting duplicate prototypes, the configure test is broken
(its not finding something that a regular compile is finding).

I'm thinking something like this:
	Index: configure.in
	RCS file: /cvs/kaffe/kaffe/configure.in,v
	retrieving revision 1.170
	diff -u -b -u -r1.170 configure.in
	--- configure.in        27 Nov 2002 18:32:54 -0000      1.170
	+++ configure.in        6 Dec 2002 16:23:30 -0000
	@@ -1124,6 +1124,9 @@
	 #ifdef HAVE_UNISTD_H
	 #include <unistd.h>
	 #endif
	+#ifdef HAVE_STRING_H
	+#include <string.h> /* FreeBSD puts swab here */
	+#endif
	 #ifdef HAVE_STDLIB_H
	 #include <stdlib.h>
	 #endif

That seems to fix the problem on FreeBSD, at least.  Let me know if I
should check this in...

-Pat