[kaffe] Status of Playstation 2 patches

Kevin D. Kissell kevink at mips.com
Thu Dec 12 13:31:42 PST 2002

> There is a linux kernel for my velo, 2.3.99 something
> from linux-vr, but I am not a kernel hacker, and
> support for the philips mips chip hasn't been merged
> into any of the two current linux kernel mips trees
> yet, as far as I know.

The Philips chip is of the same basic design
as the Toshiba TX39, a.k.a. R3900 family,
if that helps.

> > P.S.  I still haven't been able to get back to the
> > bugs
> >          in the MIPS JIT.  They mostly seem to have
> >          do with the complicated gcc argument
> > passing
> >          conventions for MIPS, particularly for
> > mixed
> >          FP/integer parameter lists.  Has anyone
> > else
> >          made any progress here?
>
> Have you looked at the pocketlinux kaffe sources? Here
> is a sysdepMethodCall written in MIPS assembler with a
> few complaints about the "horrible calling convention"

I haven't, simply because the one example of code
that someone showed me from pocketlinux/MIPS
was really badly broken.   Note that I *did* succeed in
fixing that function for kaffe 1.0.7 - that's part of the patch
I submitted that has been integrated into the sources.
The misbehavior of the JIT is a lot like the sysdepMethodCall
bug, but I've not had the time to pin the problem down
in that context.

            Kevin K.