[kaffe] building with jit on ARM

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 20 04:13:49 PST 2002

Hi,

I've been playing around with kaffe on the ipaqs
again, in order to test the zip replacement patch.
Currently, kaffe can't compile its class library in
jit mode, so you can't really build it that way. Only
interpreter works out of the box and it's a little
slow (i.e. it takes a few hours to build, with or
without the patch).

I've tried to compile the class library with jikes,
but jikes 1.18 seems to enter an endless loop
eventually, and keeps allocating heap until it
crashes. So my inelegant solution was to use an
installed version of kaffe 1.0.7, and its kjc, and
compile the class library using it.