[kaffe] JNI load

Richard Stahl richard.stahl at imec.be
Fri Dec 20 06:50:24 PST 2002

Hello,

I am sorry yet I again have a problem with the cvs version of kaffe
which I do not have with the release version!

I am using JNI, so I used to specify the LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the place
where I have e.g. libMeta.so for class Meta.java ... (this works for the
release version!) yet it does not load the library and prints:

java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception was
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libMeta: not found]
         at demo.main(demo.java:20)
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libMeta: not found
         at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Throwable.java:native)
         at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:38)
         at java.lang.Error.<init>(Error.java:81)
         at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:21)
         at
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError.<init>(UnsatisfiedLinkError.java:21)
         at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary(Runtime.java:151)
         at Meta.<clinit>(Meta.java:25)
         at demo.main(demo.java:20)

Could you please give me some hints how to fix it.

Thank you very much in advance.

Best regards,

Richard