[kaffe] updating kaffe-1.0.7 to autoconf-2.52

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 26 17:05:22 PST 2002

Hi Dan,

--- Dan Kegel <dank at kegel.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
> I'm trying to deploy kaffe-1.0.7 in a
> cross-compiling environment.

Cool. Just out of pure interest, what platform are you
cross-compiling to?

> The first step was to update to autoconf2.5x, since
> that's
> more cross-compile-friendly.
> Afterwards, I checked cvs, and sure enough, 16 days
> ago,
> Dalibor Topic had already checked in a configure.in
> updated
> to autoconf2.5x.

Yeah, that was a byproduct of my attempts to merge in
javax.sound from tritonus.org.

> Oh, well :-)  I guess I'll start over with the cvs
> version.
> Just for grins, here's my patch.  Only interesting
> difference
> is I use AC_PREREQ(2.52) so nobody tries to use old
> autotools,
> and I used \ to extend AC_CHECK_LIBS lines instead
> of
> using lots of little AC_CHECK_LIBS.

Seems like we did pretty much the same thing. I left
out the AC_PREREQ since no features of 2.52 are used
which don't exist in earlier versions, so I figured it
would be pointless to bump up the requirements. I
separated the libs into several calls as I am no fan
of extended lines where they can be avoided ;) and it
still worked under 2.13.

The build machinery could use some work to ease
cross-compiling, go ahead if you'd like to improve it.

best regards,