A query..

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 6 17:45:00 PST 2002

On Tuesday, 5. February 2002 20:12, Jensen Casado wrote:
> Regarding this, I can't find swing toolkit in kaffe-1.0.6 (though the
> awt-FAQ assures that kaffe is full compatible with swing) I cannot compile
> any swing programs

Kaffe doesn't have it's own implementation of swing. If you need swing, you
need to get the JFC kit for java 1.1 from Sun, and add that to your
classpath. That should work, but might fail with applications relying on new
features introduced with java 1.2/1.3.

Just taking rt.jar from jdk 1.3 will fail, since swing in 1.3 relies on a
method in java.awt.EventQueue that was added in java 1.2.  Kaffe covers
mostly 1.1 for now, so you can't rely on  java 1.2/1.3 features being
implemented.

Good luck,

Dalibor Topic