[kaffe] Kaffe for windows - where ca I find it...?

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Mon Jul 15 12:37:16 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-15 at 10:34, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Moin!
>
> One simple question:
> I want to develop a vocab-trainer for our school and i want to use kaffe
> and java-gtk to do this.
>
> 1. does Kafe under windows support JNI?

Yes, that should work.

> 2. Are there any precompiled packages aviable, (1.0.6 or better 1.0.7)

No.  It can be built with cygwin, but there still seems to be a lot of
broken behaviour.  It needs some volunteers to fix it up.

> 3. How is the speed of kaffe under windows?

I'm not sure.

> 4. What do you recommend mingw32 or cygwin?

Currently, I don't think there is mingw32 support (I do hope to add it
sometime).  I tested it, and it does build under cygwin (if you use a
static configured).  See RELEASE-NOTES in 1.0.7 to see what
configurations worked for me.

Cheers,

 - Jim