[kaffe] problems with jikes 1.16 and kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 16 03:53:33 PDT 2002

hi,

Jikes 1.16 is out. I'm surrently experiencing problems
with a Klasses.jar, that was compiled using jikes
1.16:

make Klasses followed by make check will make various
tests fail, some of them really hard (wc.java just
seems to take forever). That does not happen if I use
kaffe's kjc, for example (or jikes 1.15 to compile ust
the tests) Is anyone else seeing this behaviour?

If so, I'll add a note to the FAQ.classlibrary-compile
to avoid jikes 1.16.

best regards,