[kaffe] ALIGNMENTOF_VOIDP

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Tue Jul 16 13:45:55 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-07-16 at 12:21, Mathieu Dube wrote:
> Hello,
> 	just a little question I go in config/config.h and there's a define called
> ALIGNMENTOF_VOIDP I dont exactly know what its for but its set to 0.

You're probably better off setting that to 4 - it is used to align
certain structures so that you don't take a hit for mis-aligned accesses
on some architectures (eg. on ARM without a kernel alignment trap
handler, you'll get a SIGBUS error).  I remember having to make a fix
for that inside KaffePro when we were cross-compiling.  I should check
to see if the Kaffe.org version needs the same fix.

Cheers,

 - Jim