[kaffe] Lets move to kaffe!

Clemens Eisserer Linuxhippy at web.de
Tue Jul 16 15:57:39 PDT 2002

Hi!

There's still no "standard" in GNU-Java development. There are many
small, incomplete (including kaffe/Swing) projavts lying around.
The kaffe-VM is a "not bad" VM which is slower the the sun-jdk but need
less recources. As far as I know kaffe is the best and most complete
Java-vm in the GNU-arrea.
To marry Classpath and Kaffe maybe will decrease features at teh
beginning, but Kaffe is the most popular VM in the GNU-World and so many
contributors wil contribute their code/classes to classpath. Maybe their
also will be a swing-implemenation in the future.......

So moving to GNU-Classpath would have three advantages:

1. make a big, complete standard. This will help to be better acepted by
the Linux-Community.
2. Make Kaffe better, because more Kaffe-developers could produce more
and better vm-code instead coding classes.
3. maybe they could host us ....

And for those who dont want interpreted codem, their is gcj. Its also
based on classpath and so widely compatible to Kaffe.

Mfg Linuxhippy