[kaffe] Re: [kaffe-announce] Request for Donation: New server/co-lo needed for Kaffe.org

Brian Burton brian at burton-computer.com
Tue Jul 16 12:53:15 PDT 2002

--On Monday, July 15, 2002 03:49:55 PM -0700 Jim Pick <jim at kaffe.org> wrote:
> This had been coming for a while, and has finally happened.  It looks
> like Transvirtual has finally run out of cash and is shutting down
> operations.  I spent the last two and half years working there (up until
> about a month ago), and it's very sad to see this day.  :-(

That is sad news indeed!

> So I'd like to solicit the donation of a machine and bandwidth on which
> I can move the site over to.  I'd prefer a dedicated machine, so we can
> run various daemons and databases, and hand out user accounts on it.  I
> have a full backup of the current site, so it shouldn't be too hard to
> transition it.

I'm sure this has been suggested by now but I'll throw it out anyway.  Why
not simply move kaffe.org onto sourceforge?  They provide a lot of free
infrastructure for opensource projects.

All the best,
++Brian

--
Brian Burton                            http://www.burton-computer.com
Burton Computer Corporation             Custom Java software development