[kaffe] Goodbye Klasses.jar

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Mon Jul 22 20:44:21 PDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 13:02, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> The SGI irix build dies during the recompile with:
>
> gmake[1]: execvp: /bin/sh: Arg list too long
> gmake[1]: *** [lib/stamp] Error 127
>
> any idea how to fix this in an elegant way? Split the
> args in half or more until it works? use xargs?

Strange.  It should have been passing an equivalently long list of args
to it before.  Did it ever work before?  Probably not - I bet you never
rebuilt the classes on Irix.

It's very ugly too, now that I modified the Makefile.am to show to
output of rebuildLib, since make prints the command line.  Perhaps it
would be better to pass the list of files via a file...

Cheers,

 - Jim