[kaffe] Placing kaffe on embedded devices

Alexander Popov s_popov at prosyst.bg
Wed Jun 5 02:17:35 PDT 2002

I usually strip all the classes that I don't need, this saves me more
than 1MB from the rt.jar, then I remove the librarries that I don't need
and strip all other libs and binaries (from the Binaries I leave only
Kaffe).

Maybe it'll be a good idea to exetnd the power of the configure script
in order to use only the library functions and classes needed by a
certain application.
Further a speccial tool can be created that analyses the classes needed
by a certain application and strips all the others ( both from the
native libs and the jars). Couple of embedded VMs already have such
functionality...