[kaffe] Placing kaffe on embedded devices

Alexander Popov s_popov at prosyst.bg
Thu Jun 6 03:06:57 PDT 2002

cfowler wrote:
> One last question.  I know that javac in Sin's JDK has an -g:none option
> that allows me to compile java files with no debug code.  Can I do that
> in my kaffe-1.0.6 tree so that the Klasses.jar can take even less space?

I don't know - as much as I saw the actual classes compilation can be
done by an external compiler which means that you probably can use javac
  with -g:none (check the rebuildLib script in libraries/javalib - the
$JIKES var probably can be set to "javac -g:none" )...

You should probably ask Dalibor about that...

Regards,

--
Alexander Popov
Team Leader RTOS&JVM