Bugs (was Re: [kaffe] Bug in FileInputStream)

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Sun Jun 16 10:14:50 PDT 2002

I agree 100% with what Dalibor just said.  Bug reporting systems work OK
sometimes, depending on the situation, but I think the type of bugs
submitted against Kaffe tend to be of a nature where they tend to get
lost in such a system.

I'm going to try hard to personally keep a bug queue (in my email
program) based on what's been posted to the list.  If a fix doesn't show
up on the scene within a few days, then we can update FAQ.Known-Bugs
(and possibly add a call for help to the Projects page on the website).
Inevitably, some bug reports might fall through the cracks, but
hopefully not many.

If it's not in FAQ.Known-Bugs, then it's probably just too new to get
added, or I lost it.  Right now, I'm still getting up-to-speed, so I
haven't been updating the document much yet.  I do have a few bugs still
that I need to write up.  I wanted to play around a bit more with doing
some random testing just so I can get a better "feel" of where we're at.

If a bug doesn't get added against FAQ.Known-Bugs after a week or so,
then file a bug against me.  :-)

Cheers,

 - Jim