[kaffe] tomcat3.2.3 doesn't work properly on Kaffe-1.0.6-6

Tatsuya Tsurukawa turukawa at isl.melco.co.jp
Wed Jun 19 17:29:21 PDT 2002

I've tried to get tomcat 3.2.4 run on kaffe-1.0.7-rc1 and three
patches dalibor attached previous mail.

I could see sample servlets work well as you mentioned, but
Apache-SOAP 2.2 still didn't work.

I also found the following code included in Apache-SOAP
RPCRouterServlet.java replies different value depending on JVM.

    ClassLoader servletClassLoader = getClass().getClassLoader();

Although the value "sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader at 22961b " is
returned as servletClassLoader in case of using JDK1.3.1, null
returns in case of Kaffe.

Calling stacks are as follows.
at java.lang.NullPointerException.<init>(NullPointerException.java:17)
at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:104)
at org.apache.tomcat.core.Context.setAttribute(Context.java:411)
at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletContextFacade.setAttribute(ServletContextFacade.java:116)
at org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.setServletClassLoaderIntoContext(ServerHTTPUtils.java:144)
at org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.init(RPCRouterServlet.java:173)
at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
  :

Does anybody know the reason why null is returned, and are there any
work arounds ?

Best regards,
Tatsuya Tsurukawa