Merging PocketLinux-kaffe and kaffe.org-kaffe (Was: Re: Most popular applications)

Dalibor Topic kaffe@rufus.w3.org
Mon, 25 Mar 2002 19:43:09 +0100

On Monday 25 March 2002 10:14, Jukka Santala wrote:
> I'm not entirely sure of microwindows etc. either; but provided these
> modules are functional (or at least semi-so) in the code made available
> before clsoing the development tree, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a
> trouble to transfer them over. It's the core and classlib changes
> (sometimes supporting said modules) that would be troublesome, I think...

My thinko about microwindows. I've read about it on the web somewhere, and
thought it was part of pocketlinux kaffe open vm custom edition. There seems
to be a port available here:
http://web.media.mit.edu/~lifton/proj/E-book/technical/

I hope that even semi-functional stuff in the development tree can be
motivational to someone to go ahead and add what's missing, thus I'd like to
see the new platforms being merged in. After 1.0.7 is released, of course.

Porting over classlibrary bugfixes from custom edition should also be
reasonably easy, for those parts of the kaffe.org class libraries that don't
seem to be actively hacked upon, like java.applet (last functional change on
2000-07-21, my more recent changes were just cleanup).