Merging PocketLinux-kaffe and kaffe.org-kaffe (Was: Re: Most popular applications)

Jim Pick kaffe@rufus.w3.org
26 Mar 2002 14:21:27 -0800

On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 10:43, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> On Monday 25 March 2002 10:14, Jukka Santala wrote:
> > I'm not entirely sure of microwindows etc. either; but provided these
> > modules are functional (or at least semi-so) in the code made available
> > before clsoing the development tree, I guess it shouldn't be too much of a
> > trouble to transfer them over. It's the core and classlib changes
> > (sometimes supporting said modules) that would be troublesome, I think...
>
> My thinko about microwindows. I've read about it on the web somewhere, and
> thought it was part of pocketlinux kaffe open vm custom edition. There seems
> to be a port available here:
> http://web.media.mit.edu/~lifton/proj/E-book/technical/

Cool.  I added that to the links page.

> I hope that even semi-functional stuff in the development tree can be
> motivational to someone to go ahead and add what's missing, thus I'd like to
> see the new platforms being merged in. After 1.0.7 is released, of course.
>
> Porting over classlibrary bugfixes from custom edition should also be
> reasonably easy, for those parts of the kaffe.org class libraries that don't
> seem to be actively hacked upon, like java.applet (last functional change on
> 2000-07-21, my more recent changes were just cleanup).

After 1.0.7, I want to go through both the pocketlinux and kaffe.org
trees, and try to get a feel for what's different, so we can do a merge.

Cheers,

 - Jim