VerifyError in PushbackReader

Erik Corry erik at arbat.com
Sun Mar 17 07:53:42 PST 2002

On Sat, Mar 16, 2002 at 05:27:05PM -0800, Archie Cobbs wrote:

> Erik Corry writes:
> > Whenever I try to run a program (javac, HelloWorld, appletviewer)
> > I get the same error:
> >
> > java.lang.VerifyError: at pc 5 sp 7 not in range [4, 6]
> >     at java.io.PushbackReader.<init>(PushbackReader.java:32)
> >     at at.dms.compiler.tools.antlr.extra.InputBuffer.<init>(InputBuffer.java:68)
> >     at at.dms.compiler.tools.antlr.extra.InputBuffer.<init>(InputBuffer.java:81)
> >     at at.dms.kjc.Main.parseFile(Main.java:278)
> >     at at.dms.kjc.Main.run(Main.java:116)
> >     at at.dms.kjc.Main.compile(Main.java:68)
> >     at at.dms.kjc.Main.main(Main.java:59)
>
> I'm pretty sure it's a verifier problem. I've seen this before,
> and when I sent the classfile to the jikes people, they said it
> looked fine to them.
>
> You might try rebuilding Klasses.jar with jikes or kjc (whichever
> wasn't used before) as a possible workaround..

Anyone know what was used before?  I have jikes 1.13 installed.
How do I rebuild Klasses.jar?

If it's a compiler problem, then the error message is very misleading.
I just compiled with -DDEBUG, and the error message went away, but
now all programs terminate 'normally' without doing anything.  Here's
the last part of the output of HelloWorld, running with

  export KAFFE_VMDEBUG=JARFILES,ELOOKUP,CLASSFILE

http://www.arbat.com/erik/error.txt

Erik Corry erik at arbat.com
Citér kun det nødvendige.  Slet denne signature.  Svar under det citerede.