Planning for next release (1.0.7)

Gwenole Beauchesne gbeauchesne at mandrakesoft.com
Thu Mar 28 05:18:01 PST 2002

On Thu, 21 Mar 2002, Dalibor Topic wrote:

> * i64 platform patch from mandrake. Has "cool new feature" written all
> over it and the developer announced it on the mailing list a couple of
> months ago.

Talking about that, it would be interesting to have Kaffe's lib directory
be $(libdir)/kaffe/<Khost_cpu>/ instead of $(libdir)/kaffe/ as it is
currently the case. That way, the -ia32 feature (to run the ia32 version
of kaffe) could work out of the box without having the distributor to mess
with overriding that variable. ;-)

Random thoughts:

1) Could someone with an Alpha please try the JIT compiler? It doesn't
appear to work according to what someone reported to me.

2) Is release date still expected within one week from now? I wonder if it
wouldn't be better to have some public beta or prerelease snapshot first.
That way, a wider audience could try it out, I hope.

Bye,
Gwenole.