[kaffe] Kaffe with MSVC

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Thu May 30 12:12:23 PDT 2002

On Tue, 2002-05-28 at 23:46, XycsoscyX wrote:
> Is there any simple way to compile Kaffe with MSVC to embed it in an
> application?  I've looked over all the FAQ's, and online for any other
> sources.  I know Kaffe is a standalone java interpreter, but it's also
> embedable into other applications.  I wanted to compile it into either
> a DLL or static library, but one compatible with MSVC.  Since MSVC
> has no configure type utility, I can't do this simplistically.  Are
> there any resources I've missed for doing this?  Or any suggestions on
> how I can get it working?

You probably want to look at the kaffe-build module in the CVS, as that
contains some MSVC build stuff from 2 years ago.  It probably needs to
be updated, of course.  You could try configuring Kaffe using cygwin,
and try moving the config values in the generated header files to static
header files (eg. those in the kaffe-build module).

If you're embedding it - be aware that Kaffe is GPL'd, so it's probably
not what you want to integrate into a proprietary application that you
are going to distribute.

Cheers,

 - Jim