[kaffe] Benchmarking kaffe using XSLTMark

Jukka Santala jsantala at tml.hut.fi
Fri May 31 02:11:36 PDT 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> suffer from class and resource loading. So I'd like to propose a new
> caching scheme for our system class loader: beside just caching
> classes, it should cache the directories (i.e. packages) in classpath
> entries. That should reduce the cost of class/resource

I suggest yout ake a look at the jar-file index "spec" of Java, this
sounds a lot like that, so it'd be probably a good idea to look at
implementing that at the same time. Note that the Sun jar-file index is
somewhat broken; it doesn't take into account the "properties API" stuff,
or to be exact, for some reason it's looking for the META-INF/services
entries through the index, while not including that directory in it... So
that's something you need to guard against as well, even though I'm not
sure if we should replicate this brokedness because it affects how
applications run.

 -Jukka Santala