[kaffe] Benchmarking kaffe using XSLTMark

Jukka Santala jsantala at tml.hut.fi
Fri May 31 03:06:32 PDT 2002

On Thu, 30 May 2002, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 09:41:52AM -0700, Dalibor Topic wrote:
> > What do you think?
>   If you want performances, use an XSLT processor written in C
> /me hides ...

Now if we just could use the gcj compiled Xalan/Xerces from rhug project
with Kaffe, wouldn't even have to be written in C in the first place :)
(Except for size, ofcourse). Even so, it's worthwhile to use it as a test
for optimizing Kaffe for those sections that are written in pure Java for
reason or another. And yes, I know you were most likely joking, but native
compilation of some base packages is one thing we're looking at to offset
the common embedded disadvantage in speed.

 -Jukka Santala