[kaffe] porting kaffe-awt-qt and libtool

Helmer Krämer hkraemer at freenet.de
Mon Nov 11 00:40:17 PST 2002

On 10 Nov 2002 13:09:45 -0800
Brian Beattie <beattie at beattie-home.net> wrote:

Hi,

> I've ported kaffe to the Zaurus openzaurus distro and am now trying to
> port the awt-qt library.  I'm haveing a real problem with libtool.  I
> thought I had finally figured out how to build the libraries, but I'm
> getting "java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError: [exception was
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: libawt: not found]".

${KAFFESRC}/config/config.h contains a macro called LTDL_SHLIB_EXT,
which defines the file extension used by shared libraries. If this
one is not properly defined, kaffe will fail to find and thus load
any native lib.  Would you please check that macro?  Mine contains
something like '#define LTDL_SHLIB_EXT ".so"' for debian.

Greetings,
Helmer