[kaffe] broken PNG images on KAFFE 1.0.7?

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 13 06:02:20 PST 2002

Hi Joon,

--- ÀÌÁØÇõ <leejoon1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've installed Kaffe-1.0.7 and tried to display PNG
> images through applet or browser running on Kaffe.
> But, PNG images aren't displayed properly. Some of
> PNG images were broken, and others shown with wrong
> colors.

Thanks for the bug report.

Could you come up with a small test case (ca. 10
lines), i.e. a piece of code that loads the png image
and crashes?

> Other PNG images caused errors like this:
> libpng error: Decompression error
> kaffe-bin: exception.c:386: dispatchException:
> Assertion `!intsDisabled()' failed.

your PNG library seems to have problems decoding the
images. It might be a bug in the PNG images, or the
PNG library you are using, or even in kaffe ;). If you
could come up with a small test case, it could be
possible to figure it out.

best regards,