[kaffe] japitools, subMap, and html output

Stuart Ballard sballard at netreach.com
Wed Nov 13 14:13:46 PST 2002

A couple things that people on this list might be interested in...

1) I'm experimenting with HTML output for japitools. Since Classpath
already has nightly japitools output posted on their homepage, I asked
them to post the classpath.japi.gz file and I've set up nightly HTML
versions of the output (which is still very preliminary and missing lots
of information, but should improve with time). If anyone wants to set up
a similar arrangment for Kaffe, just set up a nightly run of japize and
post the kaffe.japi.gz somewhere - and tell me where it is :)

2) The classpath results are linked from
http://rainbow.netreach.net/~sballard/japi/. I'm interested in feedback
on the look and feel of these pages. I know that Netscape 4.x has
trouble with the bar graph, although some tips on *why* it has trouble
would be useful. I know I need to add some  s into the empty cells
for NS4's benefit also. It's untested in any other browser except for
Mozilla. I'm interested in general layout feedback as well as
browser-compatibility feedback, though. Another thing I'd like to know:
when I add a list of the actual errors, would it be better to add them
as straight text (eg a <ul><li> setup) or as a table? If a table, what
should the table layout be like? Should I apply any sorting to the
errors, and if so, what?

3) Apparently Classpath's TreeMap/TreeSet have a working implementation
of subMap/subSet. I don't know whether this is sufficient to get japize
to run, but if anyone's interested, it might be worth investigating
whether using Classpath's TreeMap and TreeSet implementations gives
Kaffe the ability to run japize - and if so, is there any reason not to
import those classes into Kaffe proper?

Stuart.

--
Stuart Ballard, Programmer