[kaffe] Patches to enable kaffe to run Saxon 7.3

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 21 14:55:48 PST 2002

Hi Ito,

thanks for the patches. I've checked in the String and
StringBuffer patch. I've also checked in my own toURI
implementation that's hopefully correct. Could you
test if it works with Saxon 7.3 ?

As the nio classes actually came from GNU Classpath,
it would be beneficial for kaffe as well as for
Classpath if you submitted your nio patches there as
well. As far as I know, the Classpath team is quite
interested in making nio as good as possible, so they
should be quite responsive to patches improving it.
I'd prefer to merge it in from GNU Classpath when they
accept the patch, since then we don't have to maintain
two slightly diverging versions.