[kaffe] Patches to enable kaffe to run Saxon 7.3

Ito Kazumitsu ito.kazumitsu at hitachi-cable.co.jp
Thu Nov 21 16:46:18 PST 2002

Hi dalibor,

In message "Re: [kaffe] Patches to enable kaffe to run Saxon 7.3"
    on 02/11/21, Dalibor Topic <robilad at yahoo.com> writes:

> thanks for the patches. I've checked in the String and
> StringBuffer patch. I've also checked in my own toURI
> implementation that's hopefully correct. Could you
> test if it works with Saxon 7.3 ?

I am afraid not.  Please see the following test result.

$ cat TestURI.java
import java.io.File;

public class TestURI {
    static void main(String[] args) {
        try {
            File file = new File(args[0]);
            System.out.println(file.toURI().toString());
            System.out.println(file.toURL().toString());
        }
        catch (Exception e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
        }
    }
}

$ java TestURI test03.xml

file:/home/ito/xml/xsltest/test03.xml

> As the nio classes actually came from GNU Classpath,
> it would be beneficial for kaffe as well as for
> Classpath if you submitted your nio patches there as
> well. As far as I know, the Classpath team is quite
> interested in making nio as good as possible, so they
> should be quite responsive to patches improving it.

OK, I will.