[kaffe] Cleaner, Better MIPS/Linux Patch against 1.0.7, and issues with CVS tree

Kevin D. Kissell kevink at mips.com
Tue Oct 1 15:49:19 PDT 2002

From: "Patrick Tullmann" <tullmann at cs.utah.edu>
> Kevin wrote:
> > Alas, while the resulting kaffe builds and executes a lot of code,
> > there are more, not fewer failures for the JIT regression tests, and
> > even the interpretive build fails quite a few (12 out of 117)
>
> The interpreter seems to have a problem with catch ranges.  See:
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2002-September/008877.html
> (and some of the eariler mails).  If you could try the fix in that
> patch and see if it improves the interpreter, that would be great.

Bingo, Pat!  I added that one character to exceptions.c
and voila - my patches against the CVS tree give me a healthy
MIPS/Linux interpreter!  If anyone wants the CVS diff output,
as opposed to my diffs against 1.0.7, just say so.  I don't think
any of the files in question have changed since 1.0.7 in any case.

> I haven't checked that change in yet, because I still don't understand
> why things ever worked...

That's very often the case in this business. ;-)

> If you can run the 'developers/FullTest.sh' script on your tree, that
> would be great.  (It might not work if you're cross compiling
> or don't have a big pile of disk space, though.)

Um, well, if I go to my kaffe root and type

developers/FullTest.sh `pwd`
or
developers/FullTest.sh `pwd` `pwd`/fulltest

I get::

touch: creating `/home/pat/kaffe-core/obj/Trace-kaffe-jit3-debug.txt': No such file or directory
kaffe-jit3-debug:
  Cleaning ...
developers/FullTest.sh: /home/pat/kaffe-core/obj/Trace-kaffe-jit3-debug.txt: No such file or directory
    Command FAILED: rm -rf /home/pat/kaffe-core/obj/kaffe-jit3-debug
    tail -5 /home/pat/kaffe-core/obj/Trace-kaffe-jit3-debug.txt
tail: /home/pat/kaffe-core/obj/Trace-kaffe-jit3-debug.txt: No such file or directory
developers/FullTest.sh: cd: /home/pat/kaffe-core/obj/kaffe-jit3-debug: No such file or directory
grep: /home/pat/kaffe-core/obj/Trace-kaffe-jit3-debug.txt: No such file or directory

etc, etc.

            Regards, and thanks,

            Kevin K.