[kaffe] Debugging Tools for the VM

Warwick Hunter whunter at agile.tv
Mon Oct 7 16:21:07 PDT 2002

Fabio,

The FAQ for debugging will give you some pointers.

http://www.kaffe.org/doc/kaffe/FAQ.debugging

I start by using -verbose to show me the classes that
are loaded and to try and get some initial idea of where
things might be going wrong.

I then turn off -verbose and use various settings of the
-vmdebug option to get closer to what is going on.

> how can I trace the program flow of the Basic Java Classes

Do kaffe -dmdebug list to get a list of all the different
vmdebugging options.

Warwick
--
Warwick Hunter                    Agile TV Corporation
Voice: +61 7 5584 5912            Fax: +61 7 5575 9550