[kaffe] Re: Cross-compiling for oskit (was: Newbie question)

Ronald Aigner ra3 at os.inf.tu-dresden.de
Sun Oct 13 05:49:33 PDT 2002

Hi Dalibor,

In
> http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2001-July/007375.html
Eduard states:

 > 1.  First you need a working _native_ kaffeh in order to compile Kaffe
 >     itself.  So first configure Kaffe for local-use (without installing
 >     it).  And save kaffeh in your PATH.
 >
 >     $ KAFFESRC/configure
 >     $ cd kaffe/kaffeh
 >     $ make
 >     $ cp -p kaffeh $HOME/bin

After 'configure' you have to first chdir into 'config' and run 'make'
there (it will link the platform specific headers into the config "root"
dir, which is the location used by everything else):

  $ KAFFESRC/configure
  $ cd config
  $ make
  $ cd ../kaffe/kaffeh
  $ make
  $ cp kaffeh $HOME/bin

 > 2.  Clean your build tree and setup your environment for
 >     cross-compiling.
 >
 >     $ make distclean
 >     $ CC=cross-cc AR=cross-ar LD=cross-ld KAFFESRC/configure
--host=target-host-alias
 >     $ make

For oskit, one has to run the 'oskit-configure' script first:
  $ cd KAFFESRC
  $ make distclean
  $ cd config/i386/oskit
  $ ./oskit-configure --srcdir=$KAFFESRC --oskitdir=PATH_TO_OSKIT
--localkaffeh=$HOME/bin/kaffeh

I'm still trying to figure out what to do next, because anything I came
up with until now resulted in some error... If I found
--
Mit freundlichen Gruessen / with regards
Ronald Aigner