[kaffe] More Debugging woes

Fabio Fracassi fracassi at cs.uni-bonn.de
Tue Oct 22 01:34:34 PDT 2002

Hi,

I still have a Problem with Debugging the Initialisation Code. I've already
asked once for general advice, and your answers helped me a little further
(thank you). Still I am unable to track my error(s), so I'd like to ask a bit
more specifically, and hope someone has an advice for me.

The problem is this:

At one place (/java/util/HashMap.find()) there is the following code:

	Object key
	if ... key.equals(e.key)

Somewhere in or during calling an NullPointerException gets thrown, but the
stacktrace only shows the frames up to HashMap.
Now my Problem is I can't find out which equals() method gets called. It
should be java/lang/Object.equals(), but that doesen't get called.
Now my Question is this, How can I find out where !exactly! the exception is
thrown? How could I step throu the Java code, to find out which equals()
method does get called?

Thanks in Advance

Fabio