[kaffe] Kaffe Weekly News - 2002 Sep 7

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Thu Sep 12 18:06:14 PDT 2002

On Wednesday, September 11, 2002, at 03:13  PM, Kaffe Weekly News
Editor wrote:

>                         Kaffe Weekly News - 2002 Sep 7
> Patch Queue
>
>    This is the list of posted patches that should go in, but haven't
> yet,
>    either because they need more work, or I just haven't had the time
>    look at them yet.
>
>    I had no spare time last week, so there are no changes.
>
>     3. fix gcc reordering of JNI functions with -O4

After having some problems with this patch, we think there might be a
better solution for this problem.  The issue seems to lie more with the
usage of the program counter to determine whether something is JNI or
not.  Since the JNI functions only have one exception handler per stack
frame you only have to store a pointer to the stack frame.  This is in
contrast to exception handling in java where you need the pc and stack
frame because the try block doesn't have to cover the entire frame.
Anyways, i made the change to the janosvm and it seems to work.

tim stack