[kaffe] Object Serailisation

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 6 14:43:02 PDT 2003

Hi Eashwar,

--- Eashwar Natarajan <eashpec at yahoo.com> wrote:

>        i am currently working on transferring
> objects over the network. is there any option other
> than object serialisation. I think it is not
> currently implemented in kaffe ( is it so? . Plz
> correct me if not). if object serialisation is the
> best option, can anyone pass on the trick and tips
> of doing so.

serialization is implemented, though you might
experience problems with very deep object hierarchies.
Check out
http://java.sun.com/docs/books/tutorial/essential/io/serialization.html
for a short tutorial on how it works.

there are also different techniques to serialize java
objects into XML, but I wouldn't go there unless you
are developing web services.