1.1.0 wishlist (was: Re: [kaffe] Next release)

Timothy Stack stack at cs.utah.edu
Fri Apr 11 09:52:02 PDT 2003

hi,

> --- Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr> wrote:
>
> > Is there a timetable for the next release of Kaffe?
>
> I'm not aware of one. I could offer a wishlist
> instead.

I say we do a feature freeze on May 18th, spend two weeks testing it on
everything we can, and then do a release on June 1st.  Of course, up until
the feature freeze we can try and jam as much into it as possible. The
dates are influenced by my schedule since I'll be out of touch the last
two weeks of june, so speak up if its a problem.

> Things I'd like to see get in before next release:

> * non-essential features:
>
> +   pure_java variants of some class libraries,
> namely java.util.zip, dns support

I started working on the DNS stuff again, I should have something by next
week.

> * fixes:
>
> +   fixes for make dist / make distcheck

Definitely a priority.

> cheers,
> dalibor topic

tim stack