[kaffe] Kaffe and the JSSE?

Seth Ladd seth at brivo.net
Wed Apr 16 12:41:01 PDT 2003

Hello,

I'm attempted to run the JSSE (1.0.3) with Kaffe (latest and greatest
from CVS).  Specifically, I'm trying the URLReader.java test that comes
with the JSSE.

I've added the provider into jre/lib/security/java.security:

security.provider.1=kaffe.security.provider.Kaffe
security.provider.2=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Provider
security.provider.3=sun.security.provider.Sun

And I've set the protocol handler as:

k/bin/kaffe
-Djava.protocol.handler.pkgs=com.sun.net.ssl.internal.www.protocol -cp
jnet.jar:jsse.jar:jcert.jar:. URLReader

But the error that I still get is:

java.net.SocketException: SSL implementation not available

Has anyone had any luck in running the JSSE w/ Kaffe?  I've tried
putting the three JSSE jars into jre/lib/ext, but they didn't seem to
get picked up by the classloader automatically.

Any tips or hints would be really appreciated.

Thanks!
Seth