[kaffe] Fix since kaffe 1.0.7

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 03:45:02 PDT 2003

Salut Daniel,

--- Daniel Bonniot <Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr> wrote:

> I have a program that I tried to built with kaffe, and considering
> proposing it for addition to Debian. It works with the CVS version, but
> fails with the last release, 1.0.7.

> I wondered if anybody would easily spot what patch (if any single one
> did) could have fixed this error. If this was found, it might be useful
> to patch the kaffe 1.0.7 version in Debian, and allow my package to
> work. (Unless a 1.0.8 version is released soon, in which case there
> would be no problem).

I've looked at the stack trace, but unfortunately, neither AbstractList nor
AbstractListIterator have changed since the 1.0.7 release, so that rules the
two suspects out.

Looking at
http://www.kaffe.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/kaffe/libraries/javalib/java/util/ ,
collection classes that have changed since 1.0.7 are: Vector, HashMap,
Collections, ArrayList. You could try to replace the respective files in 1.0.7
with the updated versions and see if that helps.

In the long run (and hopefully before 1.1.0 comes out in June) I hope to merge
in the collection classes from GNU Classpath.