[kaffe] Fix since kaffe 1.0.7

Daniel Bonniot Daniel.Bonniot at inria.fr
Sat Apr 19 07:58:01 PDT 2003

Hi,

I have a program that I tried to built with kaffe, and considering
proposing it for addition to Debian. It works with the CVS version, but
fails with the last release, 1.0.7.
I wondered if anybody would easily spot what patch (if any single one
did) could have fixed this error. If this was found, it might be useful
to patch the kaffe 1.0.7 version in Debian, and allow my package to
work. (Unless a 1.0.8 version is released soon, in which case there
would be no problem).

Here is the stack trace with 1.0.7. Note that an index out of bounds
exception happens during a call to AbstractListIterator.next, which
means the bug was around there.

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
        at java.lang.Throwable.fillInStackTrace(Throwable.java:native)
        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:33)
        at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:20)
        at java.lang.RuntimeException.<init>(RuntimeException.java:17)
        at
java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException.<init>(IndexOutOfBoundsException.
java:17)
        at java.util.AbstractList$1.get(AbstractList.java:104)
        at java.util.AbstractList$1.get(AbstractList.java:106)
        at java.util.AbstractList$1.get(AbstractList.java:106)
        at java.util.AbstractListIterator.next(AbstractListIterator.java:52)
        at bossa.syntax.Block.cutInBlocks(Block.java:248)
... (client code)

Thanks,

Daniel