[kaffe] Kaffe JIT on Alpha

Dalibor Topic robilad at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 07:17:01 PDT 2003

Hi Kapil,

--- Kapil Vaswani <kapil at csa.iisc.ernet.in> wrote:

> config.frag still seems to be using libexec; wonder whats the status on
> this.

It should use libexc only if you say --with-libexc to ./configure.

On a side note, last time I looked into getting kaffe to run on Alphas, I saw a
very high number of compiler warnings. See
http://www.kaffe.org/pipermail/kaffe/2003-February/028813.html

> > I'm busy dealing with non-Java, non-kaffe stuff for the next several
> > weeks, but I'll be watching this with some interest.
> >
> > Note that Dalibor has been able to get the MIPS JIT under IRIX
> > from CVS sources past the @essential files build failure by using
> > Jikes instead of kaffe to build the class libraries.
>
> Not sure if using Jikes is an option for me. Any recourse?? I would love
> to get the kaffe jit going one way or the other.

I'll make a jikes-compiled class library jar file available online and post a
link to it. Then you can use --with-precompiled-rt-jar to tell kaffe not to
bother compiling the class library, and concentrate on fixing the regression
test failures.