[kaffe] Minimum requirement for installation on NetBSD

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Thu Apr 24 04:10:01 PDT 2003

I's now trying to (re-) install kaffe (I am now using Apr/16's
snap from CVS) on i686-NetBSD-1.6. I install netbsd without
installing any extra software, and then install gnu-make
(because README tells it is the MUST).

Then, configure, and gmake generated several problems.
1) Since I don't have 'zip' on this machine, this process
   tries to use 'kaffe.tools.jar.Jar'. I agree it is clever
   idea if once you can find Jar program written in java.

   But the fact is:
   CLASSPATH=lib:../../../kaffe-snap-030416/libraries/javalib/Klasses.jar.bootstrap
    KAFFELIBRARYPATH=../../libraries/clib/native/:../../libraries/clib/io/:../../li
   braries/clib/zip/ ../../kaffe/kaffe/kaffe-bin kaffe.tools.jar.Jar -cvf rt.jar -C
    lib gnu java javax kaffe org
   java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: kaffe/tools/jar/Jar

2) I am not so sure whether this realtes to the above or not,
   but at least libraries/javalib/lib/kaffe/io etc are not
   created when needed. If needed I can attach make log for
   this but this time I just send its behavior.

Any ideas?

Kiyo