[kaffe] missing features needed for HSQLDB 1.7.2

Ito Kazumitsu kaz at maczuka.gcd.org
Mon Aug 11 15:58:02 PDT 2003

Hi,

I am trying to build the CVS version of hsqldb with kaffe
and have found that the following JDK 1.4 features are missing:

javax.security.cert.*
javax.net.ssl.*

   These are also missing in GNU Classpath.  I am afraid
   it is a long way before we can use these.

java.io.RandomAccessFile.getChannel()

   Kaffe has imported java.nio.channels.FileChannel and
   java.nio.channels.FileChannelImpl from GNU Classpath.
   But

      - This FileChannelImpl needs some native methods.

      - This FileChannelImpl needs the file descriptor,
        but kaffe's RandomAccessFile has only an invalid
        file descriptor: FileDescriptor fd = new FileDescriptor() .