[kaffe] GNU classpath and AWT

James Simmons jsimmons at infradead.org
Thu Aug 14 09:52:01 PDT 2003

> Hi James!  (James used to work at Transvirtual with me)

Hi!  BTW thank you for your help on tracking on CaffeineMark3.0. Have a
copy.

> I'm not aware of anybody working on porting the Classpath AWT, although
> I think Dalibor is quite active in moving the other parts of Classpath
> into Kaffe.  We've already got several AWTs (X11, Qt, Win32), so another
> one is always welcome, I think.  I really haven't played with Kaffe's
> AWTs much yet.

I have been looking into it. Note the classpath stuff is very different
from the current kaffe AWT implementation. It would break the current AWT
support. So I have to port the current stuff to the Classpath format. This
will take some time.

> It would also be sort of cool to merge in some of TVT's AWT stuff (eg.
> the framebuffer stuff), plus there are quite a few other free AWT type
> of things out there.

The pre truffle stuff. Now with truffles we have a general frame work to
port it over to.