[kaffe] Re: GNU classpath and AWT

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Thu Aug 14 11:38:02 PDT 2003

>>>>> "James" == James Simmons <jsimmons at infradead.org> writes:

James> Yes. Actually there is alot ot work on. I like to see
James> multimedia truly supported in Kaffe.

Let me make a plea for new packages and such to be written in
Classpath, not kaffe.

My belief is that there aren't enough free software java hackers for
us to spend time rewriting bits.  Instead we should, wherever
possible, share efforts.

This isn't always possible due to different goals, histories, etc.
But it seems to me that the library is one place where cooperation
rather than competition is the order of the day.

Tom