[kaffe] [Fwd: Kaffe Bug RMI]

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Tue Aug 19 06:42:02 PDT 2003

Salut Herve, salut Nicolas,

sorry for letting you wait so long, without a reply.

Hervé Roussain wrote:

> Subject:
> Kaffe Bug RMI
> From:
> Nicolas Le Sommer <Nicolas.Le-Sommer at univ-ubs.fr>
> Date:
> Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:01:24 +0200
> To:
> herve.roussain at univ-ubs.fr
>

> Hi all,
> I have some problems to use rmi with the current CVS kaffe version.
>
> Firstly, the "bind" or "rebind" method in the class java.rmi.Naming
> seems to delete the first
> character of the server's name.
>
> Secondly, the rmic does not work because it does not find java Classes.
> I think the ClassLoader
> does not work correctly.

I've replaced kaffe's RMI with the RMI implementation from GNU
Classpath, and fixed the RMIC problems along the way. It should work
now(TM).

If the bind/rebind problems persist, please remind me to fix it. I'm not
using RMI myself, so I hardly notice such problems. If you know of a RMI
test suite, I'd like to try it out on kaffe.