[kaffe] Bug Report: in particular for rmi

Jeremy Buisson jbuisson at irisa.fr
Tue Aug 19 06:50:03 PDT 2003

Hi !

Dalibor Topic wrote:
> Salut Jeremy,

> thanks for the bug report, and the excellent analysis. I didn't react to
> it, as my plan was to switch over to the better maintained RMI
> implementation from GNU Classpath, and then address the issues together
> with Classpath developers.
>
> Now that the merge of GNU Classpath's code is over, it should work
> again. I've modified a Class.forName call to use the SystemClassLoader
> to avoid problems with the BOOTCLASSPATH not containing compiler classes.
>
> cheers,
> dalibor topic

I noticed the merge, a bit later... In facts, I still have to complain :p

The version of GNU Classpath that have been merged still have bugs in
serialization code (at least in java.io.ObjectInputStream, method
readClassDescriptor which uses the wrong resolveClass method at the
wrong time, and then do not make use of redefined methods in derived
classes). Such bugs are fixed in newer versions of Classpath. So I
wonder whether there is a *nice* way to benefits from fixes in Classpath
when using Kaffe.

Cheers,
Jeremy