Please don't post Microsoft Windows Viruses or Worms to the mailing list (Was: Re: [kaffe] Your details)

Jim Pick jim at kaffe.org
Wed Aug 20 08:45:03 PDT 2003

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 17:03:12 -0700
Jim White <jim at pagesmiths.com> wrote:

> I'm getting a slew of those bogus emails, but at least my system won't
> be sending any.

Yeah, there's 147 messages in the moderation queue right now.  :-(

We're just moderating posts that appear to come from people not on the
list.  If a worm is going to be smart enough to harvest emails from the
mailing list archives, and use those to fake posts to the list, mailman
is going to let those through.  I might have to add some additional
layers of defenses...

Cheers,

 - Jim