[kaffe] JBoss 3.2.2 working on kaffe

Dalibor Topic robilad at kaffe.org
Sat Dec 6 01:39:02 PST 2003

Hi all,

I've managed to get JBoss 3.2.2 to load & run the management console on
kaffe from CVS + a few patches that I haven't committed yet. The patches
are
a) a bugfix for Socket.close() being called twice
b) a rewrite of kaffe's RessourceBundle, since ours & classpath's was broken
c) a 'fix' for ZipFile.close releasing zip ptr.

The patches ara attached for your testing & bugfixing pleasure. They
apply vs the current CVS.

The usual rules apply: set JAVA_HOME to where you've installed kaffe,
set JAVA_OPTS to use kjc as the compiler, lots of memory and a big
stack, as in
export JAVA_OPTS="-mx256M -ss256K -Dbuild.compiler=kjc".

Will this make it into 1.1.3, you may ask. Well, a) is a bugfix and will
go in for sure, b) depends on mauve test results and if Jim OKs it for
1.1.3 and c) is somewhat of a hack, necessary for JBoss but I don't
understand why it breaks otherwise.

There is also a stack of rather weird exceptions being thrown
ocassionally, that need some fixing. I doubt I'll have the time to clear
everything up till Sunday evening, but I'll try to fix as much as I can.

Thew obligatory screenhot is at
http://www.kaffe.org/~robilad/jboss-3.2.2-screenshot.png

thanks to everyone who made this possible. keep up the great work!