[kaffe] mipsel SIGSEGV

Mark and Janice Juszczec juszczec at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 6 12:53:02 PST 2003

Hello

A few weeks ago I wrote about the SIGSEGV when executing a class with Kaffe
built for mipsel.

I've tried cross debugging with gdb (from i386 connecting to mipsel) with
little success.  The latest problem is:

(gdb) target mips /dev/ttyUSB0
Expected "<IDT>", got "": FAIL
Expected "<IDT>", got "": FAIL
Expected "<IDT>", got "": FAIL
Failed to initialize.
Ending remote MIPS debugging.
You can't do that without a process to debug.

Is anyone familiar enough with gdb to tell me what's missing?  I know kaffe
should probably be compiled with the appropriate gdb -stubs.h & .c files;
but I don't understand what's going wrong with the initialization.

Mark